We can help with all disability benefits, benefit checks, disability benefits appeals and preparation for tribunals.
You may also find the following information useful.
Citizens Advice Bureau
Phone: 0844 855 2122
- Advice and information on a range of issues, including consumer issues, housing rights, benefits, money and debt, employment.
Central and East Northamptonshire
For clients wishing to contact the Central and East Northamptonshire Citizens Advice Bureau by phone our details are as follows:
For general advice – contact our “countywide” telephone service: 03444 889 629
For consumer issues – concerning goods and services contact the national Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline: 03454 040506
For our specialist local services, including housing advice, services for students and services for clients from South Northamptonshire contact us on 0300 323 0074
Daventry and District www.daventrycab.org.uk
Phone: 01604 621038 www.communitylawservice.org.uk
- Advice, representation and specialist help in debt, employment, housing, immigration, welfare benefits and family law. Benefit take-up projects.
Disability Benefit Helpline: 08457 123456
PIP Helpline: 08458 503322
Northamptonshire Rights and Equality Council
Phone: 01604 400808 www.northantsrec.org
Phone: 01536 534230
Equality Advisory and Support Services (EASS)
Replaced the Equality and Human Rights Council
Helpline: 0808 800 0082 www.equalityadvisoryservice.com
Phone: 01536 402181
- Provide low cost furniture, household goods, electrical items, bedding, curtains, crockery, cutlery and kitchen appliances to anyone in need in the local community.
Phone: 01327 310711 www.daventrycontact.org
- Christian based organisation providing a range of services. Furniture project, providing used furniture including soft furnishings, household appliances and bedding. Listening service for people in need.
Phone: 01536 310477 www.phoenixfurniture.org.uk
- Furniture re-use scheme providing low cost donated furniture to people on low incomes or benefits.
Phone: 01604 587589 www.spencercontact.com
- We work to relieve those in poverty and hardship in and around Northampton by supplying free second-hand furniture. To do this, we collect furniture and household goods that are no longer required and then supply them to people in need, after making sure they are cleaned and in good condition.
Home repairs / adaptations
Care and Repair
- Advice and practical support with repairs, home security, adaptations and home improvements for older and disabled people who are home owners or private tenants. Handyperson service.
Phone: 08450 588604, 01604 782250 www.care-and-repair.org.uk
Phone: 01327 302322 www.daventrydc.gov.uk
Phone: 0300 123 66 11 www.spire-homes.org.uk
- Information and advice for older people (60+) and people of any age with a disability on home improvement and adaptations which will enable them to remain in their own homes. Advice and assistance with applications for grants and benefits. Handyperson scheme.
Phone: 01604 250678 www.can.org.uk
- Advice and support for homeless people, particularly those with substance misuse problems and ex-offenders. Housing advice including referrals, pre-tenancy, resettlement, tenancy sustainment support. Referrals to detox, specialist agencies & CAN’s own substance use counselling service. Benefits advice. Rough sleepers drop-in Mon, Weds 9.30am-12 noon with showers and laundry. Rent deposit scheme.
Phone: 01933 446490 www.daylightcf.org
- Drop-in centre for homeless people and other vulnerable adults. Referrals to emergency and longer term housing. Pre-tenancy, resettlement and tenancy sustainment support. Support around life skills, meaningful occupation and employment. Showers, clothing store. Referrals to food bank. Lunch, tea and coffee. Access to phones, computers and the internet.
Phone: 01933 353946 www.rushdenfullgospel.org.uk
- Range of services for the local community. Community cafe. Food supply project for people on benefits. Household goods recycling scheme. Advice on homelessness and housing, debt and accessing support services. Also run an emergency direct access hostel and a move-on project.
Phone: 0845 519 9371 www.northamptonhopecentre.org.uk
- A day centre for the homeless, vulnerable and disadvantaged of Northampton, providing basic needs (food, clothing, hot showers, hot drinks) and personal development via workshops and activities including: cookery, art, computing, health & well-being including relaxation and chiropody, sport, allotment, outings. Also provide access to computers, social activities. Training and work placements.
Phone: 0845 166 8202 www.jesuscentre.org.uk
- Day centre for people who are homeless or marginalized and those with mental health issues. Offers showers, laundry, clothing store, luggage storage, cheap food, free tea/coffee and sandwiches and lots more. Housing advice, including referrals to emergency and longer term housing and pre-tenancy support. Range of educational courses, cooking and budgeting support.
St Jude’s Community Project, Kettering
www.stjudeskettering.org.uk Tel: 01536 357810 Mob: 07591 529387
We continue to offer a foodbank service with singposting and advice for the homeless. In Corby we operate a winter night shelter (NightLight) and a soup kitchen that operates most nights of the week. Up to date information will be found on our website or on the foodbank’s facebook page (Kettering foodbank).
Housing Options Team
- Assessment of entitlement to housing for people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness. Housing provided for people considered in priority need of housing. Temporary accommodation may be available while enquiries are made about eligibility. General housing advice and information for private and council tenants and homeless people.
- Corby Borough Council
Phone: 01536 464000 www.corby.gov.uk
- Daventry District Council
Phone: 01327 871100 www.daventrydc.gov.uk
- East Northants
Phone: 0345 600 5050 www.east-northamptonshire.gov.uk
- Kettering Borough Council
Phone: 01536 410333 switchboard www.kettering.gov.uk
- Northampton Borough Council
Phone: 0300 330 7000 www.northampton.gov.uk
- South Northampton Borough Council
Phone: 01327 322322 www.southnorthants.gov.uk
- Wellingborough Borough Council
Phone 01933 229777 www.wellingborough.gov.uk
- Corby: 0345 604 3719
- Daventry: 0345 604 3719
- Kettering: 0345 604 3719
- Northampton: 0345 604 3719
- Rushden: 0345 604 3719
- Wellingborough: 0345 604 3719
Information – Other Support
Adult Care Team
- Access to social care services is through an assessment. You may be entitled to support if you are over 18 and finding it difficult to look after yourself or live the way you want to because you have a learning disability, mental health needs, dementia, lost some or all of your hearing or sight, a physical disability or injury, health problems that impact on your independence.
Phone: 01604 715044 www.acescentre.co.uk
- Open Monday – Thursday 10.00 – 4.00.
- Advocacy, advice, information, carers support, telephone befriending, transport and activities.
Phone: 0845 677 2220 www.ageuk.org.uk/northamptonshire
- Lines open Monday – Friday 9.00 – 12.00
- Advice, information, advocacy and care services for older people. Telephone helpline covering a range of issues, including benefits, care, residential care, disability, health, housing rights, money and debt, transport and mobility.
Community Occupational Therapy
- This service is for people who require specialist equipment and support in their own homes. A specialist team assesses people to identify the equipment that they need.
Phone: 01604 745340 www.dostiyo.org.uk
- Advice for Asian women on a range of issues, including benefits, debt, housing, domestic violence, disability, immigration, drug and alcohol misuse. Also offer advocacy, befriending and counselling services. Disability group. Weekly lunch club. Mental health and carer support, including outreach work.
- Range of services for users of mental health services and their carers. Resource and information centre providing information and advice on mental health issues and local services. Day centre for people experiencing mental health problems.
Phone: 01933 418872 www.rushdenmind.com
Public phone: 01933 223591 www.wellingboroughmind.org.uk
Phone: 01604 719193 www.nab.org.uk
- Advice, information and support for blind, partially sighted and dual sensory impaired people. Resource and information centre, local support groups, activities, mobile resource and information service and home visiting. Residential and respite care. Talking newspaper, transcription service and transport service.
Phone: 01933 315555 www.serve.org.uk
- Range of services for older & disabled people. Advice & information. Run day centres & various care schemes. Benefits & pensions advice. Transport scheme to medically related appointments. Educational & recreational activities, craft clubs & health related clubs. Domestic care service. Carers support. Handyperson scheme. Aftercare for people discharged from hospital. Shopping & pub lunch schemes.
Phone: 02033 558846 www.voiceability.org/in_your_area/northamptonshire/total_voice
- VoiceAbility Northamptonshire offers both statutory and community advocacy across the whole of Northamptonshire. The service is available to but not restricted to people with mental health problems, people with learning disabilities, people with physical and / or sensory impairments, people who become infirm due to old age, carers.